To register for Internet Banking today, please call 416-243-0686 or visit the office. A member of staff will be happy to register you for Internet Banking. Once we have your signed Internet Banking Member Service Agreement and you have your Internet password, you can begin online banking immediately!
INTERNET BANKING PROTECTION
Victory Community Credit Union's Internet service provides our members with a reliable and secure method of electronic banking.
Information provided through the Internet Banking channel is protected while in transit through the use of a Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and encryption. Encryption ensures that information in transit cannot be read or changed. We also ensure that access is only granted when the proper user identification and password is used
While opportunities to commit fraud via Internet Banking are limited to viewing account information, changing member information, transferring funds within the specified accounts and paying bills, there are steps that can be taken to help defer fraud in this area:
- Select a User ID and password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Keep your User ID and password confidential, and contact your Credit Union if you feel they have been compromised.
- Never leave your PC unattended while logged into the banking site.
- Regularly change your password, and don’t use “cookies” to save your User ID.
- Log off each session. The system is designed to automatically log you out automatically after a period of inactivity.
- Ensure that your virus scanner is up to date, and consider setting up a reliable firewall.
- Review your statement regularly for unauthorized transactions.
- Review your browser security by visiting Netscape and Microsoft web sites.
- Ensure that you are using the lastest version of Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
To protect yourself and limit fraud, please ensure that all passwords are kept confidential and changed regularly.